800 Series weldheads are easy-to-operate tools for autogenous tube welding. Six models (805, 810, 820, 830, 840, 860) with overlapping ranges cover tubes from 3 – 152 mm (0,125” – 6”) O.D. Magnatech’s 800 series heads make tube-to-tube and tube-to-fitting welds in less time with precision and repeatability. The double-clamping design simplifies work piece fit-up and eliminates tack welding in many cases. Collets are available for any tube and fitting size.
Digital technology forever eliminates the need for periodic weld head calibration – rotation speed remains accurate regardless of head wear and heads can be interchanged without time-consuming recalibration.
Tungsten holder allows field replacement in a minute. Virtual 360° circumferential contact of tungsten electrode guarantees positive arc starting. The 800 Series utilizes two inexpensive insert plates made of a heat/UV resistant material to protect the Head housing and mechanism. If necessary, they can be replaced in minutes.
- Collets for all tube sizes/fitting geometries
- Waterproof carry case standard
- Bench mount bracket
- Internal weld head cooling standard
- Convenient flip-up view port allows final inspection before welding
- Encoder motors provide precise, repeatable speed regulation
- “Jam” detection/protection. If rotation stops for any reason, it is instantly sensed and power to the motor is immediately interrupted. No more damaged motors or drive trains
- Standard 8 m (25’) hose pack length
- New rotation drive design tolerant of metal debris
- “Home” position switch automatically readies the head for removal following weldcompletion, and never requires adjustment
- Simple assembly makes field service straightforward
- Extension cables allow use up to 23 m (75‘) from power supply
- Pre-ground tungsten electrodes
- Offset Tungsten Holders (Butt weld) allow use when axial clearance restrictions exist (such as short tangent fittings)
- Offset Tungsten Holders (Fillet weld) allow fillet (socket) welds to be made