DualARC – Multi-Process Weld Head for Both Precision Orbital and Linear Welding
The new DualARC Weld Head is a breakthrough in mechanized orbital tube welding. Its new design permits rapid change over from GTAW to GMAW. Automatic steering control provides precision non-symmetrical weld paths for saddle and other special shapes, and automatic rewind and bead placement.
The weld head traverses on modular guide tracks for accurate and solid positioning, optimal for narrow groove orbital welding. The DualARC Weld Head is perfectly matched to the OrbitMASTER controller for orbital welding system applications.
- Rugged Construction for Accuracy
- Rapid Process Switching Without Removing Head From Track
- Automatic Steering Control
- Automatic Rewind & Bead Placement
- The new DualARC® Weld Head’s design permits rapid change-over from GTAW to GMAW. Automatic steering control provides precision non-symmetrical weld paths for saddle and other special shapes, and automatic rewind and bead placement.
The new DualARC® has been designed from the ground up for use with the AdaptARC automated welding machine to provide ease of user maintenance with “off the shelf parts” that can be changed in-place with common tools. Rugged construction delivers the precision and repeatable accuracy so critical for the tight tolerances of the orbital welding process.
Trust Tri Tool to deliver the best in mechanized orbital tube welding systems.
Advanced Programmable Multi-Process Welding Arc Controller
- Can Perform Pulsed or Non-Pulsed GTAW and/or GMAW, as well as FCAW
- Ideal for Non-Typical Seams Including Multi-Axis Type Joints, Angles, & More
- Automatic Guidance that Allows Hundreds of Points
- Precision Seam Tracking and Waveform Generation (GMAW) for Reduced Spatter and Smoke
The ORBITMASTER® Weld Controller has been designed to provide the welder with all of the advantages and benefits that digital control can introduce to the welding process. This new multi-process controller can perform pulsed or non-pulsed GTAW and/or GMAW, as well as FCAW, for maximum selectivity. Switch from GTAW to SMAW-P for the ability to control heat inputs needed for special metal alloys or when FCAW wire is not available and high deposition rates are needed with available solid core wire. Along with conventional bevel joints, the programmable controller is ideal for non-typical seams including multi-axis (saddle-on) type joints, angles, curvatures, indentations, and protrusion welds.
Automatic guidance capability provides control and position recording along a path (from hundreds of points) for repeatable precision. Programmable control is provided for torch to work piece Arc Voltage Control (AVC), oscillation, travel, wire feed, coolant recirculation and power source/AVC sensing.
Other unique advantages of the ORBITMASTER® controller include the modified short arc that permits “open root” GMAW-S on standard “off the shelf” large bore pipe fittings using foundry supplied bevels.
This ideal welding equipment is comprised of the new ORBITMASTER®Weld Controller with its remote control pendant, a matching commercial power supply, the DualARC® Multi-mode Weld Head with dedicated guide tracks, and a coolant re-circulator.