The Magnatech D Weld Head is designed to make pipe-to-pipe and pipe-to-fitting welds. It is “full function” – with the capability of reproducing all the motions of a skilled welder.
The D Weld Head is used for applications with radial and axial clearance constraints. Interchangeable guide rings provide mounting on the pipe, and allow the D Weld Head to cover a broad size range: 1” – 14”.
The D Weld Head improves productivity by increasing duty cycle, reducing repair rates, and producing welds of consistent quality.
- Full function Capability (Torch Rotation, Filler Wire Feed, Electronic Arc Gap Control, Electronic Oscillation)
- Broad size range • Guide Rings available for standard Tube/Pipe sizes
- Waterproof Carry Case/Tool Kit standard
- Water-Cooled Torch uses standard Expendables Guide Rings Mount Head on Pipe.
- Available for all nominal pipe sizes 48 mm – 356 mm ( 11/2” – 14”) and Tube sizes 44 mm – 127 mm (1.75” – 5” O.D.)
- Fossil Power Plant Construction/Maintenance
- Steam Generation Equipment Fabrication
- Nuclear Power Plant Construction/Maintenance
- Chemical/Petrochemical Facility Construction/Maintenance
|Application||Multi-pass orbital GTAW pipe-to-pipe, pipe-to-fitting|
|Cable length||7.6 m (25’) standard. Extension cables available|
|Pipe (tube) size range||25 – 356 mm (1 – 14”)|
|Filler wire module||Wire size||0.8, 0.9, 1.0 mm (0.03”, 0.035”, 0.040”)|
|Max. speed capability||2540 mm/min. (100 IPM)|
|Spool size||1 kg (2 lbs) std; 0.5 kg (1 lbs) low profile|
|Oscillation module||Max. oscillation stroke amplitude||16 mm (0.6725”)|
|Max. oscillation speed||1520 mm/min. (60 IPM)|
|Oscillation dwell||0 – 1 second|
|Cross seam adjustment||± 6.4 mm (0.25”)|
|Arc gap control module||13 mm (0.5”) stroke. Additional mechanical adjustment allows welding heavier wall pipe|
|Torch propulsion module||250 mm (10 IPM) maximum rotation speed|
|Water-cooled torch||200 A continuous capability|
|Torch adjustment capability||Torch lead/lag adjustment||± 15 degrees (manual)|
|Torch tilt adjustment||± 10 degrees (manual)|
|Power supply compatibility||Pipemaster 515, Pipemaster 516|
|Weight||3.6 kg (8 lbs.)|
|Axial Clearance||Torch C/L to Rear Extremity: 220 mm (8.51”)|
|Torch C/L to Front Extremity: 10 mm (0.41”)|
|“A” Radial Clearance
Requirement for Pipe 44.45mm (1.75”) and larger
|64 mm (2.5”) with Standard Spool*51 mm (2.0”) with Low Profile Spool*|
* For pipe/tube OD’s less than 44.45mm (1.75”), Radial Clearance Requirement increases with decreasing diameter. Please contact us.
- TILT AVC
(Adjustable) allows torch to be pivoted up to 60° for socket/fillet welds. Maintains arc length correction motion along tungsten electrode axis.
- GUIDE RING ADAPTOR KITS
allow Guide Rings to be used on smaller pipe sizes. Use with oversized Guide Rings on preheated pipe to prevent heat damage.
- VIDEO ARC MONITORING
Various configurations allow remote operation
- LOW PROFILE SPOOL KIT
reduces radial profile of D Weld Head to 50mm (2”); Low Profile Wire Spool 0.5kg (1lb.) required.