Vacuum Tube Testing Guns G250 are designed to quickly seal off and evacuate individual heat exchanger tubes to test the tube for leakage. Operation is easy. Connect standard plant air supply to the active vacuum gun and insert the conical seal into the end of the tube to be tested. Insert the passive plugging tool into the opposite end of the tube. Depress the air control valve, air flows through the vacuum generator and evacuates the tube. Release the air control valve and any loss of vacuum indicated on the vacuum gauge identifies a leaking tube. An optional digital vacuum gauge increases the operators ability to detect even the smallest pinhole leaks.
Part Number : GSV-2500
Description : G-250 test gun package (with support rods)
Tube I.D. Range (inches (mm)) : 0.28 – 1.45 (7.1 – 36.8)
Gun Set Neoprene Seal and Washer Sets Part Number:
- GSV-S-N for 0.28″ – 0.69″ ( 7.1mm – 17.5mm) I.D. tubes. 1/2″ 8 BWG – 7/8″ 15 BWG.
- GSV-L-N for 0.64″ – 1.45″ ( 15.5mm – 36.8mm) I.D. tubes. 7/8″ 16 BWG – 1 3/8″ 24 BWG.
- GSV-L-N-SP0501 for 1.49″ – 2.50″ ( 37.8mm – 63.5mm) I.D. tubes.
- G-250 seal and washer set contains two seals and four washers.
- For seal sizing and part numbers for applications in SWG, metric or other tube sizes, contact us.
- Optional seal material: fluoroelastomer.
- Optional digital vacuum gauge available.
- Plant air supply between 40 and 125 psi (2.7 to 8.6Bar)
- Air supply flow rate greater than 5 SCFM (2.36lps)
Specify the following information when ordering:
- Tube OD and wall thickness
- Tube length, tubesheet face-to-face dimension
- Number of tubes to be tested
- Length or depth of any channel head or header box present
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Two sizes of seals: The G-250 Set is supplied with two sizes of interchangeable conical neoprene Seal and Washer Sets and a compact toolbox.
- Tube sizes for testing: The Seals and Washer Sets allow the G-250 to be utilized to test heat exchanger tubes ranging from 0.28″ to 1.45″ (7.1mm to 36.8mm) ID.
- High strength alloy: The G-250 Gun are machined form high strength aluminum alloy reducing the fatigue associated with heavier testing equipment.
- Light Weight: Each G-250 Set weighs less than 2.5 lbs (1.1kg).