GripTight High pressure pipe testing is safer than ever before. Unlike other plugs that can loosen and eject under high pressure – even becoming dangerous projectiles – the GripTight actually uses test pressure to seal more securely against the pipe’s inner diameter. The greater the pressure – the greater the grip! The result is safer installation, better sealing and all around safer testing.
GripTight Test Plug FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Safe: Pressure on plug squeezes grippers tighter; plug can not be ejected under pressure when properly installed.
- High Pressure Performance: Have been used for pipe burst tests in a manufacturing environment. Tests at higher pressure with greater safety, typically to 80% of yield.
- Eliminates Weld Caps: No welding or cutting required. Speeds fabrication testing, reducing test times up to 80%.
- Engineered Seal Design: Reduces seal wear for long lasting performance.
- Optional High Pressure Pipe Cap: Plugs can be used in solid or ported configurations.
- Positioning Washer: Prevents plug loss in pipe end, and eliminates plug lock-up after hydro test, common with inferior plug designs.
- Retaining Spring: Assures retraction of gripper segments. Superior to O-ring design.
- Easy to Maintain: Replacement seals and grippers readily available and easy to replace.
- Optional Seals: Viton®, Silicone, EPDM.
- Quality Assurance System: Manufactured under a Quality Assurance Program certified to ISO 9001:2000 and several U.S. nuclear industry standards including ANSI N45.2, NQA-1, 10CFR 50 Appendix B, and 10CFR 21.