Compact Diameter. Inflates Up To 8 Times For Easy Insertion
Available with and without bypass.
Most sizes afford easy placement by one man. Flexibility allows Multi-Flex™ plugs to navigate through small hot tap or branch pipe into large pipeline; then inflate with air or water.
Typically used for plugging or testing of pipelines especially when there is small-restricted access. The Multi-Flex™ plug is the most flexible plug on the market; it has the greatest multi-size range and will conform to almost any pipe configuration. The small-deflated diameter and flexibility allows insertion and removal through a manhole for plugging otherwise inaccessible pipelines. It is also used as a semi permanent valve to isolate hazardous waste spills. Nylon reinforced Nitrile outer ply provides a long life and an excellent seal for testing. No shelf rot like rubber plugs.
- High Strength Flexible Materials: Plugs are generally made with Nylon reinforced Nitrile outer ply and have connections for water or air inflation.
- Multi-Flex™ plugs may be used in any pipeline larger than the deflated diameter. Allow for some seepage in smaller size pipelines
- Most sizes are available for prompt shipment.
- Light Weight: Allows one person insertion for most sizes and applications.
- Diver Friendly: Small deflated size allows removal of air for easier insertion under water.
- Higher Head Pressure: All inflation pressure is applied to the inside wall of the pipe through the MultiFlex™ plug. Molded rubber plugs require much of the inflation pressure just to expand the plug.
- Flexibility: Deflated Multi-Flex™ plug easily navigates bends and small openings. A 72” Multi-Flex™ plug may be inserted through a 10” opening!
- Custom Configurations: Custom Flexible and Rigid Plugs have been manufactured for many high temperature and severe chemical applications.