Permanent sealing solution for leaking heat exchanger, condenser and boiler tubes. Pop-A-Plug CPI/Perma Medium Pressure Tube Plugs feature internally and externally serrated sealing rings designed to maintain a helium leak-tight seal under extreme thermal and pressure cycling.
EST Group’s mechanical tube plugs install hydraulically in minutes with a unique engineered breakaway. Controlled installation force limits operator fatigue and prevents damage to the tube, tubsheet and surrounding tubes.
Pop-A-Plug Tube Plugs accommodate a broad range of tube sizes and materials, with full material traceability documentation available to support fossil, nuclear, refining, petrochemical and chemical industry requirements.
Pressure Rating: Up to 1,000 PsiG (483 BarG)
Size Range: 0.472” to 2.067” (11.99mm to 52.5mm) Tube I.D. Larger/smaller sizes available upon request
Tube Plugs are available in a wide range of materials, including alloy steel F11 / F22, standard stainless steel, Zirconium, 904L, as well as 35+ commonly used alloys for corrosive environments, including:
- SS-400 Series Alloys
- SS-20CB3/ Alloy20
- Duplex SS /Super Duplex SS
- Inconel /Incoloy Alloys
- Hastelloy Alloys
- Nickel 200/201
- CuNi 70/30 – 90/10
- Carbon Steel A350 LF2
- Chrome Moly 4142
- Chrome Moly F5/F9/F11/F22
- Eliminates welded or explosive plugging methods
- Resistant to thermal and pressure cycling
- Lowest lifecycle cost compared to alternative plugging methods
- Maintains helium leak tight seal to 1 x 10-6 cc/sec
- Plug material matches tube material mitigating thermal expansion, contraction issues, and undesirable galvanic corrosion
- Accommodates Through-the-Tube Plugging applications
- Meets ASME PCC-2-2015* recommendations and EPRI** criteria
For pressures higher that 1,000 PSIg, please look at our Pop-A-Plug high pressure tube plugs