POP-A-PLUG® High Pressure Tube Plugs
Pop-A-Plug P2 High Pressure Tube Plugs provide a permanent mechanical sealing solution for leaking heat exchanger tubes. The P2 Plugs work without explosives or hot work, eliminating the potential for circumferential cracking and other heat related issues associated with welding.
Simple hydraulic installation takes only minutes, so it will significantly reducing turnarounds/downtime.
The Tube Plugs feature internally and externally serrated sealing rings resulting in a helium leak-tight seal under extreme thermal and pressure cycling. The P2 Plugs provide a long-term solution that allows you to plug leaking tubes confidently!
Pressure Rating: Up to 7,000 PsiG (483 BarG)
Size Range: 0.400” to 1.460” (10.16mm to 37.08mm) Tube I.D. Larger/smaller sizes available upon request
Tube Plugs are available in a wide range of materials, over 35+ commonly used alloys for corrosive environments, including:
- SS-400 Series Alloys
- SS-20CB3/ Alloy20
- Duplex SS /Super Duplex SS
- Inconel /Incoloy Alloys
- Hastelloy Alloys
- Nickel 200/201
- CuNi 70/30 – 90/10
- Carbon Steel A350 LF2
- Chrome Moly 4142
- Chrome Moly F5/F9/F11/F22
- More reliable and cost-effective than welding tapered pins or explosive plugs
- Maximizes plant uptime by combining ease of installation and long term performance
- Maintains helium leak tight seal to 1 x 10-10 cc/sec
- Unique engineered breakaway controls installation force preventing damage to the tube, tubesheet, and surrounding tubes
- Ideal for use in applications with coated tubes and tubesheets
- Meets ASME PCC-2-2015* recommendations and EPRI** criteria
For Medium Pressure plugs up to 1,000 PSIg, please see our Pop-A-Plug Medium Pressure plugs. The medium Pressure plugs also have a wider operating ID range.