Engineered High Pressure Tube Plugs Advantages
Pop A Plug’s simple hydraulic installation takes only minutes, so it will significantly reducing turnarounds/downtime.
The Tube Plugs feature internally and externally serrated sealing rings resulting in a helium leak-tight seal under extreme thermal and pressure cycling. The P2 Plugs provide a long-term solution that allows you to plug leaking tubes confidently!
Pop-A-Plug P2 High Pressure Tube Plugs provide a permanent mechanical sealing solution for leaking heat exchanger tubes without explosives or hot work, eliminating the potential for circumferential cracking and other heat related issues associated with welding. Simple hydraulic installation takes only minutes, significantly reducing turnarounds/downtime.
Pressure Rating: Up to 7,000 PsiG (483 BarG)
Size Range: 0.400” to 1.460” (10.16mm to 37.08mm) Tube I.D. Larger/smaller sizes available upon request
Engineered High Pressure Tube Plug Materials:
Tube Plugs are available in a wide range of materials, over 35+ commonly used alloys for corrosive environments, including:
- SS-400 Series Alloys
- SS-20CB3/ Alloy20
- Duplex SS /Super Duplex SS
- Inconel /Incoloy Alloys
- Hastelloy Alloys
- Nickel 200/201
- CuNi 70/30 – 90/10
- Carbon Steel A350 LF2
- Chrome Moly 4142
- Chrome Moly F5/F9/F11/F22
High Pressure Tube Plug Features
- More reliable and cost-effective than welding tapered pins or explosive plugs
- Maximizes plant uptime by combining ease of installation and long term performance
- Maintains helium leak tight seal to 1 x 10-10 cc/sec
- Unique engineered breakaway controls installation force preventing damage to the tube, tubesheet, and surrounding tubes
- Ideal for use in applications with coated tubes and tubesheets
- Meets ASME PCC-2-2015* recommendations and EPRI** criteria
For Medium Pressure plugs up to 1,000 PSIg, please see our POP-A-PLUG® CPI/Perma Medium Pressure Tube Plugs. These medium Pressure plugs have a wider operating range.
The Pop A Plug engineered tube plugs are manufactured by Curtiss Wright EST Group.
The Pop-A-Plug tube plugs require Installation Ram Package
We offer Pop-A-Plug Installation Ram Package tool for rent.
Simpler installation is possible using Torq N’ Seal® Heat Exchanger Tube Plugs that require no specialized installation tool. A readily available torque wrech installs the Torq N Seal Plugs in little time.