- Installs Pop-A-Plug® Tube Plugs Quickly, Safely and Easily
- Includes Hydraulic Pump, Pressure Gauge and High Pressure Hose
There’s no better way to install EST’s Pop-A-Plugs than with our Ram Installation Equipment. Our Small and Large Ram Packages are designed to hydraulically install plugs in seconds. In addition, they are compact, lightweight and easy to use.
Small Ram Package : PAP-6600 Small Ram Package hydraulically installs plugs up to 1.160″ (29.46 mm) diameter in seconds. With a hydraulic ram weighing only 7 pounds (3.17 kg) and a total package weight of 35 pounds (15.88 kg), the PAP-6600 is compact, lightweight, and easy to use. Radial clearance of 1-3/4″ (44.5 mm) is needed around the tube end, along with 7-1/2″ (190.5 mm) axial clearance outward from the tube end.
Here’s what the PAP-6600 Small Ram Package offers:
- A compact, air driven hydraulic pump: Requires a shop air supply of 40 to 125 psig (2.7-8.6 bar).
- Normal consumption is 20 CFM at 100 psi (6.8 bar).
- The connection to the pump is 1/4″ NPTF.
- 10 feet of 10,000 psi hydraulic hose.
- Two complete 10,000 psi Quick Connects.
- A rugged glycerin-filled 10,000 psi pressure gauge.
- A metal storage box
Large Ram Package : For P2’s larger than 1.160″ OD (29.46 mm). The PAP-1750 Ram Package includes the same air activated hydraulic pump and high pressure hose assembly as supplied with the Small Ram Package.
Close Quarter Ram Package : Close Quarters Ram lets you install Pop-A-Plugs even when there’s only minimal clearance around the tube end — in the outermost row of tubes in a closed head feedwater heater, for example, or in the tubes adjacent to a pass partition or divider plate. The Close Quarters Ram is available by itself (Part Number CQR-1000) or as part of the PAP-7600 Ram Package (also includes the items in the PAP-6600 Ram Package).
We are the authorized distributors for Curtiss Wright – EST Group in Eastern Canada.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Compact, Air Driven Hydraulic Pump: Operates on an air supply of 40 to 125 psig (2.7-8.6 Bar). Normal air consumption is 9-20 CFM (0.25-0.57 m3/min) at 100 psi (6.8 Bar). The air inlet connection to the pump is 1/4″ NPTF.
- High Capacity: 10,000 lb capacity hydraulic ram.
- Includes Hose: 10 feet of 10,000 psi hydraulic hose.
- Dual Scale Gauge: A rugged glycerin-filled dual scale 10,000 psi (680 Bar) pressure gauge.
- Comes Complete With Storage Box: Includes a sturdy metal storage box.