Make Boiler Repairs Faster & Easier – Reduce Downtime, Eliminate Welding, Save Money…
- Operating Pressures to 1000 psi (69 Bar)
- Sizes for 1.638″ to 1.823″ (40.11 mm to 46.30 mm) ID Tubes
- Helium Leak Tight to 1×10-10 cc/sec
- Use in Either Water or Fire Tube Boilers
- Ideal for HRSG’s
Reliably plug boiler tubes without welding or time consuming pre-heating and post weld stress relieving and the weld inspections that go with it.
EST’s Pop-A-Plug® Boiler Plugs are made for fast, easy installation. Just position the plug in place and set with an easy to use hydraulic tool ram. The unique breakaway controls installation force to ensure a positive seal without damage to tube, tube-to-tubesheet joints. You get a reliable, leak-tight seal in just minutes. Repairs go faster, and expensive downtime is substantially reduced. No welding also means no waiting for inspections.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Unmatched Performance Under Pressure: Pop-A-Plug Boiler Tube Plugs are conservatively rated for 1000 psi (69 Bar) service @ 1000°F. Higher pressures and temperatures are available.
- Safe: Once installed Pop-A-Plug Boiler Tube Plugs will not eject under pressure like hammer-in taper plugs.
- Leak Tight Seal: Properly installed Pop-A-Plug Boiler Tube Plugs are helium leak tight to 1 x 10-10 cc/sec.
- Quick Installation Minimizes Downtime: Pop-A-Plug Boiler Tube Plugs are simple mechanical plugs which can be installed hydraulically in minutes without damaging the tube, tubejoint or tubesheet. Installs using standard Pop-A-Plug System Ram Package or Manual Installation Tool.
- Easy Sizing and Installation: Use PAP Tube Cleaning Brush to prepare the tube end, gauge the tube with a PAP Go / No-Go Gauge, select the matching plug size and POP. Pop-A-Plug Boiler Tube Plugs may be removed when its time to retube.
- Kit: Available in kits of six plugs with a unique tube prep brush.
- Materials: Always match Pop-A-Plug Boiler tube plugs material to the tube material. Pop-A-Plug Boiler Tube Plugs are available for immediate shipment in CrMo alloy. Other alloys can be supplied by request.
- Ordering Information: When ordering, specify tube OD and wall thickness or measured tube ID, tube material, tubesheet material if plug will be installed directly into tubesheet, maximum pressure and temperature, type of tube to tubesheet joint (rolled, welded, etc.) and condition of tubes and age of heat exchanger. Specifications subject to change.
- Quality Assurance System: Manufactured under a Quality Assurance Program certified to ISO 9001 and several U.S. nuclear power industry standards including ANSI N45.2, NQA-1, 10CFR 50 Appendix B, and 10CFR 21.
We are the authorized distributors for Curtiss Wright – EST Group in Eastern Canada.