POP-A-PLUG® P2 Provides the Permanent Performance of Explosive or Welded Tube Plugs at a Fraction of Their Cost – Documented Savings of 80% – Compared to Competitive Tube Plugging Techniques
- Pressures up to 7,000 psi (483 Bar)
- Sizes .400″ to 1.460″ (10.16mm to 37.08mm) Tube I.D.
- Proven Helium Leak Tight to 1×10-10 cc/sec
- Installs Quickly and Easily, Unique Breakaway Prevents Damage to Tube and Tube Joint
When pressures go up to super-critical levels, there’s nothing like EST’s Pop-A-Plug P2 Tube Plugging System. A proven long-term performer in fossil and nuclear stations, the P2 features patented internally serrated rings designed to maintain a leak-tight seal under extreme thermal and pressure cycling.
Installation is simple: prepare the tube using the brush and size the tube with the Go/No-Go gage supplied; install the correct size plug with the hydraulic ram. The ram pulls the tapered pin through the ring, expanding it into the tube. When the proper installation pressure is reached, the breakaway pops like a pop rivet. This controlled installation force protects surrounding tubes and adjacent ligaments.
Pop-A-Plug P2 Tube Plugging System reduces downtime, eliminates welding and explosives, and will not damage your tubes, tubejoints or tubesheet. Fast, safe and simple – just “Set ‘Em and Forget ‘Em”.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- High Installation Expansion Range: Each plug covers .020″ (.51mm).
- Easy to Size: Comes with a Go/No-Go gage. Gauge the tube, select the equivalent plug.
- Standard Sizes and Materials: Available for tube I.D.’s from .400″ to 1.460″ (10.16mm to 37.08mm) in Brass (B), Carbon Steel(C), 316 Stainless Steel (S), Monel (M), Copper Nickel (N). Larger sizes or special materials are available – Contact factory.
- Simple to Install: Unique breakaway controls the installation force. The operator prepares the tube, positions the plug in the leaking tube end and lets the hydraulic ram “Pop” the plug.
- Installs Hydraulically: with the Pop-A-Plug P2 System Ram Package.
- Seals: Seals helium leak tight to 1×10 -10 cc/sec.
- Super Stock: Standard sizes and materials available for same day or next day shipment. From .400 – .980 in 5 stock materials.
- Ordering Information: When ordering, specify tube OD and wall thickness or measured tube ID, tube material, tubesheet material if plug will be installed directly into tubesheet, maximum pressure and temperature, type of tube to tubesheet joint (rolled, welded, etc.) and condition of tubes and age of heat exchanger. Specifications subject to change.
- Quality Assurance System: Manufactured under a Quality Assurance Program certified to ISO 9001:2000 and several U.S. nuclear industry standards including ANSI N45.2, NQA-1, 10CFR 50 Appendix B, and 10CFR 21.